December 26, 2011

Laundry Encounter


I’ve seen you she said
An attempt at civility while crammed into the washer closet
And I you
My simple and civil reply
They really do not make these rooms for two
Do they she says
It really depends on which two, to, or too you refer
Numerically it is tight
To do, say laundry, then it is appropriate
Too also, say do laundry, then that too is also appropriate
Funny man
Does my laundry embarrass you?
No, of course not
I have in fact handled your garments before
While making room to do my own
Allow me to make an observation though
Your frilly under things
Really you should hang those to dry
Running them through the dryer will render them frayed
It is no matter she says
The only people to see them are me
Sadly
Well, and you, my laundry mate
You are the only man to touch my frilly things
As you call them
A funny term sir
A term to intimate the intimate
In a way to also (as in too) quell any embarrassments
I or you, as in we two, may suffer
Sir I will trust you to handle my frilly things
With the utmost decorum as a gentleman, no cur
Your trust is well founded
And now my work is done,
Good day madam
Good day sir





No comments: