March 15, 2016

Portent of Trust

So it seems thought I
There can and should be trust
Instead harbinger cast an ugly shadow
enabling others of like mind to do its bidding.

In terror I took to ground
Cowered under the sabre rattling
This massive and growing pit gnawing at me
Apart from self the monster consumed my good.

The force of compassion
It is lost to you now and forever
And we have rallied the right to crusade
Taking to the ramparts we nibble at the foundations.

There is nothing to lose now
Except my ability to remain, to be alive
This contributing member of humanity
For loss renders an empty voiceless soul lost for time.

Helpless to proceed I shall purposely fail
For I needed to lead a noble calling
To be that who provides and is responsible
On real terms for real people to serve.

That nobility might be slashed from me
By a sword of wanton covetousness
Unbalanced and unsustainable and ironically
Contrary to the balance this new enemy claims to espouse.

Who knew in intolerable satiated greed
You might destroy that which you claim to need
To render helpless that you feel necessitates your very existence
What then will you do?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Collect the life insurance?