March 16, 2016

Amen

“Hey!
Do you believe in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ?
Or are you one of those non believers?
One of those heathens who do not go to church.”

Hmmm.
Me and THE church and all those other churches.
We just don’t get along so well.
They’ve said disparaging things about me.
And my children, things I know to be untrue.
Cause I’ve seen in their faces all that is good.

Churches are only as good as the men and women who run them.
They are not God places.
They are places people go to attempt to celebrate God.
Who or what ever God is.

Me, well I just know there is a higher power.
I cannot attach gender nor substance
I just have faith that I am being watched over.
And this higher power has me attached to others.
Has granted me the power to feel with, for, and about others.
Has shown me sunsets and risen me to sunrise.
Has spread before me the beauty of our planet.
And has shown me the horrible things we do to it.
I’ve been exposed to bullying, harassment, and to pain.
And given care to nurse my wounds.
I’ve been given life and been protected.
Challenge has been placed before me and when I failed
Have felt the presence of sympathy and understanding
So long as I fail on my terms, trying my best.

And when I don’t try, then I have deserved my due. 
I can accept that.

I am a believer. 
I have faith and have experienced first hand the power from my faith.

I just can’t put a name or a gender or stories to my faith.
Nor attend an edifice to my faith.
But I’ll tell you, its pretty darn incredible.

No comments: