March 15, 2012

The Nude

The children play in the stalks
Discovery in sun and shade
You hide from adult eyes
To find life and bugs and dirt and fruit
From quiescent chrysalis you rise
To flit your colour amongst the butterflies
Orange and black and light
From petal to blossom to life itself
The air takes you to bird song
Mundane to symphonic
Simply tan to psychedelic splashes
Into the white and the cold
The angels wing and winter
Flakes indifferent and unique fall
To your tongue and eye
In moons warm glow
This heavenly body in tune to your rhythm
Womb secure to your temple
You melt to the warmth of these waters
The beauty of your nude
Breasts afloat beneath face so satisfied
Floating cocooned within these arms
Curled open for nurture
Protect me she says
Take me from the pain
Value me she says
Make me real in your world
Let me be she says
Free and always
I do
Your art in my heart

No comments: