March 13, 2012

Even

She needed no make up this beautiful woman
And indeed she wore none
And yet there she was across the way
In her made up persona
Hard set face
Black Metallica shirt, torn
Denim jacket, dirty jeans, torn
Military boots, scuffed
She sees me gazing and holds my look
And she softens the hard
Seated faced seat to faced seat we glance
Gaze to gaze, shy eye to shy eye
A journal appears and she writes
First on her hand then to paper
Glance, then hands, then journal
Continued glances and finally a change
She pokes her tongue at me
Breaking my stare
What do you write I ask
Her hard face melts to soft
"I make poetry"
Her deep voice and Dutch accent makes it sound
"I make love"
Will you read some to me
And she rewards me with a smile
"He glances appreciatively to me
Holding my stare, no threat
We live a moment he and I
An eternal moment
And tonight
I shall make love to him
Alone again in my rooms"
We share a moment
Eye to eye smile to smile
Her stop
Her leave

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Ah, the perfect "Siddartha" moment. Well captured,Norton,well caught.

Unknown said...

The Dutch word "Even" pronounced "ehvan" is loosely translated to mean "a moment".