October 11, 2016

ache

it niggles at me constantly
sometimes great sometimes small
how oh how did I get it so wrong
that anyone could stoop so low
so to threaten their own
to derive failure over another.

yet will you ever be satisfied
never says I
the hunger and thirst to get even
compels your very existence
at the detriment of all others
and then you wonder where the love went

I watch from afar trapped
my very blood waning while I remain
a helpless now hapless soul
confirmed in your very actions
the type of person you truly are
I know then my steps were correct

he may perish and never again will I see him
penalised by deception and greed
wronged by hatred left so long gone
I ache for you cause I was so wrong
were you not a good person at one time
where did that person go?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, then it's a duck.

Unknown said...

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like a duck, then it's a duck.