March 05, 2013

Looking Up

While visiting a gallery recently, I was taken by a group of children who, bored of the walls, would lay down and look straight up at the ceiling. Their running commentary had nothing to do with the visions upward. I was fascinated by what they were looking at and for a short while followed the group about placing my camera in the spot the children laid and simply taking a time delayed shot of what they would see. What, I wondered, could they see...























































1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have been to the NGV dozens of times, and except for gazing at the world's largest stained glass ceiling in the Great Hall, I've never looked up. Thank you Norton, for providing a very different view. I appreciate the architecture of this beautiful building even more now. What a splendid place to house an equally splendid collection.