September 25, 2011

Twenty-Five Things I Love



1.     The giggles of a toddler, the sweetest sound on earth
2.     Lying in bed, warm under my duvet, with a cool breeze coming through an open window
3.     The moon reflected on the river below
4.     That point between where butter turns texture from cold hard to soft
5.     My children, for they ground me to all that is best
6.     A well spun story
7.     The stories in the grain of fine woods
8.     The warm sun heating up my balcony
9.     The change of the leaves in the canopy of trees across the river
10. Coffee, warm, inky strong, and black
11. The incredible shared diversity of music
12. Photographs, wee vignettes in time
13. The number 13
14. Fair and just rulers, and their court jesters
15. The happiness of dogs running in the park
16. Imagining the worlds below me as I go for long slow swims in cool lakes and warm oceans
17. Poetry
18. Warm oatmeal with strawberries, a little sugar, and creamy milk
19. The song of birds as they herald the coming sun
20. My solitude
21. Memories
22. Writing whatever pops out of this mental mind
23. Holding hands while cuddled close
24. The smell of hair
25. Peace

No comments: