August 06, 2011

My Day


My time seems spent in an endless series of naps interrupted by necessities of life and requisites of career and noblise oblige.  I have been so exhausted trying to please and meet the obligation of another while craving the return of favour and understanding and life.  My Day has come, my dignity regained.  Battered and bruised but not beaten I thrust forth, excited for the new adventures and a journey retaken.  Necessities of life and obligations continue on my terms now.  I have learned and I will live.


3 comments:

Joseph said...

Hey uncle, i read your poem and thought you might like to read one of mine. I wrote it the other day while i was in Dominican doing mission work.

Shedding identities is an inevitable repercussion of growing up. The foundation you were brought up upon will always be with you. Relationships will come and go in your life- whether they are taken away from you or you grow distant. The connections you share with each individual sculpts who you are. Each person will reveal something new inside of you, as you will do the same to them. The past is experience; a lesson learned. Don’t search for your soul, it will come to you. As you shed your identities to find the real you.

Unknown said...

Joseph this is a wonderful and insightful piece. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Heidi said...

Wow to Joey and Ralph. You both have been through a different experience but ended up with similiar revelations.
xoxo