August 24, 2011

Decisions


I stand naked before the world
This breeze so hot by day
Now cool before seasons touch
The air soon to heat once again
It tickles across me
Adding movement and feeling
Across these old graying hairs
And sagging odd body bits

Decisions are being made
Not of my control
The weather it is changing
The feeling is there in my body
In my mind afflicting my soul

Who am I to be
As approaches zenith of this man
As much in life behind me
As in front so much remains
I find myself connected disconnected
In vain search (I hope not) for
Connection so elusive

I am the man so loyal
My truth is who I am
I am the man so battered
My past decided forsaken

Decisions are before me
They will be made wrong and right
And they will all be correct
Their intentions in full light
You will decide with me I hope
Join me on this crusade
My great friend
My wondrous lover
My partner all around

A decision will be made
Come join partnered
In this great fun

3 comments:

Marjolaine Hébert said...

..'Odd body bits'..hmm. You had me at grey hairs ;-)
enJoy the many zeniths yet to come, norton ...

Unknown said...

Merci Ms. Hebert. Je vais vivre longtemps.

Anonymous said...

Just a matter of time...