February 01, 2013

Poised


In quiet contemplation I sit at this spot
Only a scant two years I sat also in this very spot
In silent wonder in the dark of my new space
Overlooking the cold winter skeletons
The trees across the river
Wondering the place fate has taken me
And wondering where it would take me next
I gave myself anew that cold lonely night
Poised to try all I could and whither it takes me
To where ever destiny would wander me next
Yes I have been in love and found love
And yes love rejected me in all its forms
Or rather perhaps I frightened it off
Being the difficult friend and village idiot
These qualities forever to barrier my trials
I left open all doors in folly hopes
I stare at wisps of steam and gassy smoke
Signals of residents warm in their places
And families in joy and laughter so I imagine
Lo I could find the one to build this life
Imagined and real perhaps or illusion
Then she comes once and twice
A perfect woman frustrating and aware
Right there for me to share should we win
Heart for heart we part and part
Leaving doors open to find our ways home
You are real I say not knowing how I know
You are real a surprise to have met and found
And we turn apart to return a part
Of a whole found and renewed
A fork in this road is reached
We must decide
I love you
Pact poised to real future
You are real
As am I

No comments: