January 15, 2012

With Apologies That Is the Question


Give me a bone here
I deserve so much more
Than you can ostensibly give
Living me in the lurch
You are such a jerk
Yet I love you so, why?
You will never know who you are
But will always know what you are
Can you see how that can get to me
You go through all the right motions
From time to time
You even go through all the right emotions
From time to time
And then you disappear
Where do you actually go
Is it me, why do I think it is me
I bare myself to you
You can only be bare to me
Exposed and hidden
Indisposed
Where are you and why
What are you and why
You can be loved
Yet me frustrated cannot be loved the same
And yet you can love
It is all so unfair
The toll such a great fare
Is the price worth it
You cannot say can you
Only I can
On the spot out out foul spot
Not fair to you
Not fair to me
Knowing me knowing you
Is it worth it
Can I live with it


I have missed you!


1 comment:

Cathy said...

Apologies are not required if there is empathy and compassion