January 25, 2012

Loose Wires


How is it you can write with emotion
She asks
Curiously and cautiously
Hmm, she knows of my condition
I have few empathetic bones at all
So yes how does this happen
Certainly I am aware of emotional presence
Albeit a temporary affliction
And then a cure takes place
Rendering me unique once again
To forever render the suck it up attitude
Lord over most I connect with
But then there are some
Who break through
And sometimes from a deep slumber
Or a solitary reflection
The loose wires join
Ever so momentarily
To finish an emotion
And give me the insight
All remaining constituents enjoy
And then
Normal
Once again
But I remember
All filed neatly away
The people who break through
And I can love them ever so deeply
With passion and emotion
Loyal
And I can be hurt
And can hurt
And I look forward to deep slumber
And deep reflection
Because it is then I believe I dream
And while I remember no dreams
I do remember connections
Momentarily connected loose wires
This is where my emotion resides
Typical

2 comments:

Cathy said...

The random reinforcement that a gift such as this offers is truly captivating. Thanks for sharing the insight.

Marjolaine Hébert said...

Beautiful..thanks for sharing.