January 23, 2012

Born Again


I close my eyes
As I slip into the warm amniotic fluid I listen
Relaxed the blood punches past my heart
And rushes through my head
Woosh woosh woosh
Evidence my mortal coil persists
The thumping in my head subsides
And I push into life’s opening liquid
It passes gracefully over and around
Baptizing my efforts
Blind and feeling my way
End to end to end to end
My breath measured and strong
Deep into this body
Life’s giving elements
The sounds amplified
Splashes, children, kicks, and strokes
Machinery clicks and whirrs
Forming ourselves within the form of our mother’s belly
Ready to explode
Exhilarated again
Back into this unsuspecting world

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I really like the sense of movement in this. Happy Birth Day Norton.

Marjolaine Hébert said...

Suggestion .. the last 5 lines? I would remove
`we are all in this together`.
Splashes, children, kicks and strokes/Machinery clicks and whirs/Forming ourselves within her/Ready to explode/
Exhilaration!
..the rebirth (again) evident, as is all being in this together.
Positively,
marjo

Unknown said...

Thanks Marjo. I am going to try this.

Cathy, I truly appreciate the happys.

Now if Norton actually knew his actual birthdate. it remains a thing of conjecture and wonder.