August 30, 2011

New Voice Mail (part three)


The wee window greets me with this simple message: New Voice Mail
Press SP-PHONE
Star ninety-nine
Please enter your password or if you have entered the wrong mail box number press star.
Beep beep beep beep bope beep bope beep beep, number sign
You have one new voice message, to check unheard messages press one-one.
One.  One.
First message…

“Hi this is Marie from Weight No More.  Tired of being overweight?  Tried all the diets and nothing works?  Feeling frustrated and depressed?  Is your health deteriorating?  Well we can help.  All you need to do is call us back at 855-343-0907 and we can begin your free consultation toward a new and thinner you.”

I turn the chair and stare at my Hitchcock physique in the full-length mirror.  Really, could I go through with stapling my stomach.

Nah, be good with yourself.

To delete this messa… 7.