October 11, 2016

Bound

There, is this place
Wrapped in ornate card
A thin piece of leather
The remains of a spirit sacrificed
To seal this journal
With the pages stories
Strung together
In layers of truth
And lies
And misconceptions
With love
And heart break
My children are all within
The ones I grew with
Battled and defended
Profound the dangers
We prevailed to slay or allay
The haunting of lineage
My children grown from the uncertainty
My doubts never of them
To blossom their stories
And my children mine
The blessing beyond reproach
All love and support
For me and beyond
My truths hidden from you
A shield protection
To bring you forward
With lineage blessings
God’s gift for me, for you, for your mother
Shared and unshared
Supported as best I can
Where some say selfishly
To fill the emptiness within
With children from my day
Those who know me and quietly understand
Who will love me and will stand with me to fight the ghosts
That will close my pages
Bound I am
To you all
This tome of tales
Romances, comedies
Love stories, and tragedies
They stand the test
While these pages continue their long purposed turn
I will stand for just
I will live for pure
I am here
Your brother
Your father
All this love

No comments: