April 27, 2013

River and Osborne NW


He’s a drunk
He’s an addict
Always seem spat to me
As if this is a current state of affairs
It would seem many in my life know him
All too well
Yet not at all in his today
A serenade to life as we enter and exit the commission
“He’s a drunk”
Then we walk by with arm-loads of liquor and he asks for none
“He’s an addict”
Jitterbugs with coffee and cigarettes and he asks for none
Only good music for voluntary money
Come see me at the Pyramid man
The show will be great
And buy my CD, how come you never buy my CD
You know why.
I am saying good-bye
When man?
When the man says I can man.
He always holds my hand longer than is normally comfortable
Peering into the depths of each soul
Our pools of stories crossed time and again
Life is good, I’ve come from bottom
And I love myself
When you finally say good-bye I will know it
But we will always be connected here last of all
At the heart
At this corner

No comments: