February 28, 2013

Baby Splat

It was an inferno
I stood staring through the goods in the large glass window
Willing the cool from within
To my within
The wraith appeared from over my shoulder
Deeply tanned
Dressed in black
Black hair, black shadow
Black haired arms
Black haired legs
And across his middle
A white crown blonde
Tiny white hands
Tiny bare legs
Wrapped secure in a swaddle
Featureless black blending to the black of his clothes
My God, thinks I
This man had been walking about when
Splat!
This bug of a baby squished itself to him
I turn from the window
"Did that hurt mate?", says I
Pointing to his chest
"At first", he says
"But then she becomes a part of you".
He stands beside me
We stare together into the cool beyond the glass
He straightens his clothes
Barefoot in the heat
"That black dress does look good on you mate".
A smile
And he and she sashay away.

No comments: