May 23, 2012

wAche


Did you have a poem planned for my memorial service
I bet you will never ever tell me what it is
Inevitability says I will never hear it
Unless of course you believe the inevitable allows one’s witness
It hurts you know, knowing this end
All that will be missed, the lives shared, the life we may have shared
In truth I did try, I truly did and did so in truth
Yet the inevitability of who and what we are
Well it just was never going to work to our end was it
And now it is ending.  I can feel the life ebb
My vessel growing weak with age, the pain
God, I will miss so much
Yet, I am grateful.  There is so much left behind
And all of it, you, these stories, this experience, me
All of it a collective memory
To become the lore, my legend, to be passed until generations forget
Be kind to me, in your poem
Be kind please.

2 comments:

Marjolaine Hébert said...

Um..watsa watche?? Which language dictionary do I pull out, oh Master Norton..?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a vigil or maybe an Ache with a small w.